Logical and intuitive operation with reliable localisation
Otiom is a new tracking device for people with dementia. Otiom utilises the latest NB-IoT technology, which means that Otiom holds a charge with 10 times greater efficiency than a GPS device. The technology also enhances the signal 30 times.
Otiom enables the creation of a personal comfort zone, which is a geographical area where it is possible for the person with dementia to move about without being monitored. If the area is left, then an alarm is activated and a pre-determined list of helpers will be notified.
All settings are adjusted using an app. The app provides 6 pre-defined safety levels to choose among. The levels are set with a time frame and/or a geographical comfort zone within which the person with dementia is free to move. If either the time frame or the geographic comfort zone is crossed, then the alarm will be activated.
Otiom gives people with dementia the freedom to continue their daily activities without being worried about whether they can find their way home. At the same time the tracking device ensures relatives can always find and help the person if need be.
- Localisation precision within 1 m, both indoors and outdoors, in basements and on floor levels.
- Intelligent battery, so power is always available in the event of an emergency.
- Battery life in normal operation: 4000 hours.
- Weight: 36 grams.
- Dimensions: 5 cm in diameter, 1 cm in height.
- Machine washable up to 60 degrees.
- An individual comfort zone can be set that allows the wearer to move about freely within the defined area.
- Designed for use in both private homes and care centres.
- Easy for both relatives and caregivers to operate.
- Logical and intuitive operation via an app for smartphones and tablets.
- A natural accessory – in the belt, around the neck or in the key ring.
- Option for individual settings according to needs.
- The Otiom tracking device tag has no distracting buttons or lights.
- No need for local infrastructure.